"Someday's gonna be a busy day..."

Sunday 21 December 2008

k.d. on a blustery day

No, not the orange kind that comes with a so-called "cheese" sauce - I mean k.d.lang. The wind is blowing the snow into those whirly things you see on the prairie with dust - snow devils? - and we can't even see the end of the laneway. So I'm holed up at Someday farm doing Christmassy things, and I needed a soundtrack for my activities. I recently bought k.d.lang's "Hymns from the 49th Parallel" and it's just perfect for a day like today. The album is made up of covers of various Canadian artists, and many of the songs have a distinctly winterish flavour to them.

Anyways, there's biscotti to be made (unlike recipes that require cookie presses, you really can't screw up biscotti), presents to be wrapped, a dog recovering from a kennel hangover to attend to, and a turkey apricot stew to concoct. I leave you to fill in this stormy winter's day however you see fit...and Merry Christmas, in case I don't feel bloggy before the 25th!

2 comments:

Gingham Skies said...

Biscotti is non-screwupable?! Good to know, I've never made it. Maybe I'll try... once the 500 lbs of chocolate has been devoured that is.

tanzi said...

Thanks for the music tip--I need some new tunes. And, now you made me miss Kraft Dinner. Damn.