"Someday's gonna be a busy day..."

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Guilty Pleasures

1) Sometimes I spend the whole morning wearing nothing but one of D's shirts and some socks. Why? Because I can. (I love working from home!)

2) Once every couple of weeks, I take myself out for lunch. I'll either gorge on the Chinese buffet at New Seasons, or indulge in goat cheese & black bean quesadillas at Watercress Cafe. Then I drive home, stuffed and happy. My afternoon productivity is all the better for it.

3) Quite often when I cook supper, I throw on my favourite Bollywood CD and wind around the kitchen. (Admittedly, this is getting harder to do the bigger my belly gets...)

4) There is nothing more satisfying than taking a good hot shower in the middle of the day. On my break, of course.

5) I've given up buying no-name ice cream. It's either Haagen-Daaz, or it ain't in my freezer.

6) I'm a rabid X-Files fan. Yes, I know David Duchovny is now a balding sex addict. And yes - I know the last two seasons were bad enough to make even the most loyal fans want to poke their own eyes out. Don't even get me started on the latest movie. Call me uncool, passe, even a bit nerdy. I don't care. That's why I just finished reading the Season 6 episode guide from cover to cover. I cannot wait till my friends are finished with their DVD collection - seasons 4-8.

7) Sometimes I'll eat lunch at my desk, then use my allotted 1/2 hour to have a powernap. My heavens, it feels gooooood.

8) When I'm on a conference call, I sit in the beanbag D bought me a few years ago for Christmas. It feels so naughty to be chin-deep in softness when I know other people are stuck in an uncomfortable conference room.

9) Every year, without fail, I re-read every single one of the books in my extensive L.M. Montgomery collection. I find them comforting.

10) When I'm not Bollywooding, I listen to Ryan Seacrest's top 40 countdown while making supper. It kills brain cells, but I find it strangely addictive. There's only so much CBC downer show content I can take.

Now, I've gotta know: what are YOUR guilty pleasures?

1 comment:

MrsS said...

Well thank you for sharing all that with us, Kimber. Now we can visualise you in manshirt&socks, sitting on a beanbag stuffed to the gunwhales (gunnels) with food, and after your afternoon nap, gearing yourself up for mid-afternoon Häagen-Dazs, while watching the X-files or listening to music after your shower. Sounds great! Enjoy it while you can.

I don't have any guilty pleasures anymore - I've come out of the cupboard and to hell with what anyone thinks. However, many years ago I liked to go to bed with a small tin of condensed milk tucked inside my cardigan and a teaspoon hidden in my pocket... and I'd just spoon & spoon & spoon it out into my mouth until it was done - then I wished I'd never eaten it - but it was all so fabulous. God! I wish I had some at this very moment. xx