Thursday, 9 February 2012
Random happy memories from Christmas past...
1. Watching my father drink unsuspectingly from my "Office Tramp" coffee mug on Christmas morning.
2. The moment Jade chanelled the spirit of my Nana when she reacted to the mountain of presents under the tree:
(shakes head) "It's too much."
3. Paging Dr. Jade. My sister always gives the coolest gifts!
4. Dad: "I'm just going to put the turkey outside to keep it cool."
Me: "Um, I'm not sure that's a good idea. We have a lot of critters out there."
Dad: "Oh, it'll be fine."
- 1 hour later -
Dad: (hollering from outside) "Here, GIT YOU $%^&* STUPID BUGGERS! GIT AWAY!"
Me: "What's going on?"
Dad: "A #@%^& cat's been eating the turkey!! Look, it ate right through the bag!"
Me: (thinking for a moment) "Well, we won't tell anyone else, and you and me won't eat from that side."
Dad: "Good idea."
5. Sharing a special bonding moment with my dad: stuffing that disgusting wild turkey with bare hands. GAH!